GoPro view of Oostende


At the extreme Western side of the Sea Promenade King Leopold II had a 390m long gallery constructed in 1906. This beautiful promenade with its white columns in Belle-Epoque style goes from the Royal Villa to the Wellington horse-racing tracks. The elegant gallery with its Toscan columns was built by the French architect Charles Girault. At the end of the gallery is a small but beautiful pavilion. It is known as the 'Venetian Gallery'.
The former royal villa, built by Leopold II but renovated after W.W.II by the architect Dugardijn, now harbors a luxurious hotel. Not far from here is the equestrian statue of Leopold II.
...
more info at...