zondag 19 november 2023

KLIPP BY SMAC

 I am once more working on a kite designed by Sandro Macchi.  This time it's a Delta for light wind.

I have added also my first sketches for a panel layout below.  I think it will go for C version

But, Please read first below,  what Sandro himself is writing about the KLIPP.


This kite comes out after the experience of construction of a Thermik 201 (size "180"; I had seen in Slovenia one flying very well, made by Mazzetto Arnaldo...); the Thermik flies well only adding something like 18 grams of lead weight at low end of spine... this sounds to me not so good and so I tried a configuration in between Thermik and classic Clipper D L


the kite starts with nose angle 56° + 56° = 112° total


wings lenght equal to spine  (folding is very practical)


keel design is fully new and it is well possible to make a double wall version even if the kite doesn't show a tendency to dive


it is a delta kite suitable for low - very low wind that shows a good overall equilibrium


SPINE 200 (if + pocket 203-204)  cm

WING 200   spar 165   cm

SPREADER  near 156   cm


overall wing-span  334 cm


"free for personal use, NOT for commercial activity"